Forum ul. Generała Tadeusza Pełczyńskiego Strona Główna ul. Generała Tadeusza Pełczyńskiego
forum mieszkańców osiedli osi ulicy Pełczyńskiego

POMOCPOMOC   FAQFAQ   SzukajSzukaj   RejestracjaRejestracja 
 ProfilProfil   Zaloguj się, by sprawdzić wiadomościZaloguj się, by sprawdzić wiadomości   ZalogujZaloguj 

HOUSTON -- Angels manager Mike Scioscia called what Houston

Napisz nowy temat   Odpowiedz do tematu    Forum ul. Generała Tadeusza Pełczyńskiego Strona Główna -> Artykuły prasowe, relacje TV, linki dot. ul. Pełczyńskiego
Zobacz poprzedni temat :: Zobacz następny temat  
Autor Wiadomość
Bellroll33

PostWysłany: Sro Wrz 04, 2019 05:52    Temat postu: HOUSTON -- Angels manager Mike Scioscia called what Houston Odpowiedz z cytatem

HOUSTON -- Angels manager Mike Scioscia called what Houston starter Bud Norris has done to his team this year a "nightmare you cant shake." Thankfully for Los Angeles, Scioscias offence woke up when Norris left the game before the eighth inning and found a way to put the Astros away for a 4-2 win on Friday night. Pinch-runner Peter Bourjos scored the go-ahead run in the eighth on an error and Erick Aybar added a two-run single in the ninth to help the Angels to the victory. Hank Conger doubled off Paul Clemens (4-3) to start the eighth. Conger was replaced by Bourjos before Aybar drew a walk. Bourjos took third on a fly out by J.B. Shuck. Shortstop Ronny Cedenos error on the play, when he bounced the ball trying to pick off Aybar at second, allowed Bourjos to dash home just ahead of the throw. Aybars bases-loaded single sent two home and extended the lead to 4-1 in the ninth. Houstons Jason Castro homered in the fourth before Mike Trout tied it at 1 with an RBI single in the sixth. The Angels had scored 33 runs on 46 hits in their last four games. But Norris, who entered the game having allowed just one run in three starts -- all wins -- against Los Angeles this season, continued to be tough on the Angels. He yielded four hits and no earned runs with five strikeouts in seven innings. "Hes thrown as well as anybody weve faced this year, probably better than anybody weve faced on a consistent basis," Scioscia said. "Hes got that fastball thats sneaky and hes mixing his breaking ball in. I thought we had better at-bats against him tonight but the results were pretty much what weve seen the first several times hes pitched against us." Conger was glad they were finally able to win a game against the Astros when Norris was pitching and extend their winning streak to four games. "Its huge," he said. "Just the fact that we were able to pull off a win facing Bud Norris, knowing how well hes been throwing against us. That was one that we really needed coming off the road trip with Detroit and bringing that momentum here was really huge for us." Los Angeles starter Jerome Williams limited Houston to five hits and a run over 6 1-3 innings. Dane De La Rosa (3-1) and Kevin Jepsen pitched 1 2-3 scoreless innings before Ernesto Frieri allowed one run in the ninth for his 20th save. The win by Los Angeles breaks a four-game losing streak to the Astros, but the Angels still trail Houston 7-4 this season. Houston manager Bo Porter was disappointed with the two errors his team made that led to two runs. The Astros lead the majors with 63 errors this season. "Weve all played this game and understand that mistakes do happen and errors are a part of the game," he said. "For the most part its the speed of the game and the mental part that we definitely need to clean up." Houston had several chances to add to its run total. Perhaps the best opportunity came in the eighth inning. Jose Altuve walked with one out and stole second base. A single by Brett Wallace sent him to third but Jepsen retired Castro and Chris Carter to end the threat. Castro opened Houstons fourth with his homer to the bullpen in right-centre to make it 1-0. Williams got back on track after that, retiring the next three batters. Cedeno walked with no outs in the fifth, but Williams still faced the minimum in that inning when Cedeno was thrown out trying to steal second on a strikeout by Barnes. Aybar started the sixth with a single and advanced to second on an error by Brandon Barnes. A one-out single by Trout sent Aybar home to tie it at 1-all. Altuve singled in the sixth before Castro took a one-out walk. But Houston came away empty-handed when Altuve was caught trying to steal third before Carter grounded into a force out. Carlos Pena and J.D. Martinez hit back-to-back singles to start the seventh and chase Williams. Pena was thrown out trying to advance to third on the single by Martinez. De La Rosa struck out Cedeno before centre fielder Trout made an excellent running catch on a sharp fly ball hit by Matt Dominguez to end the inning. Barnes made a pair of nifty defensive plays in the third inning. The first one came when he sprinted and leaped to grab a fly ball hit by Conger before crashing into the padded wall in centre field and falling to the ground for the first out of the third. He then ended the inning by dashing to make a diving catch on a liner hit by Shuck. Scioscia was impressed by Congers at-bats on Friday. "Hank hit the ball hard every time," Scioscia said. "Drove the ball well to centre field; Barnes made a couple good plays on him. And then he just hammered that last one for a double in the eighth and was the start of our go-ahead rally." NOTES: The series continues on Saturday when Houstons Jordan Lyles opposes Joe Blanton. ... Houston signed ninth-round draft pick C catcher Brian Holberton, 14th-rounder LHP Chris Cotton, 18th-round pick 3B Adam Nelubowich, 19th-round pick C Jake Rodriguez and RHP Juan Santos, who was selected in the 39th round. Jalen Ramsey Womens Jersey . Ghoulam has put pen to paper on a four and a half year deal, tying him to Napoli until 2018. The 22-year-old Algeria international, who played for France at Under 21 level, has made 87 league appearances in four seasons at Saint-Etienne. Taven Bryan Youth Jersey . Toronto (11-12) gave up leads in 10-8 and 11-4 losses to the Baltimore Orioles this week. It was never close Friday as the Boston Red Sox got to Mark Buehrle early en route to an 8-1 win. http://www.officialjacksonvillejaguarspro.com/Chris-conley-jaguars-jersey/ . After just two league games in June, Toronto (6-4-1) will go on to play seven in July plus a friendly against Tottenham. Five of those contests are against Eastern Conference opposition, meaning valuable points in the playoff race are on the line. Yannick Ngakoue Jersey . With the suspension, Nigeria is unable to take part in any kind of international fixtures. FIFA had issued a warning to the NFF last week after the federation was served with court proceedings from the government that prevented the NFFs president from running the NFFs day-to-day affairs. Josh Allen Youth Jersey . This weeks Raptors Report puts a bow on Gays brief, 10-month tenure in Toronto and ponders how his absence will affect the teams offence. Are they a better team without him? In addition to acquiring some valuable cap flexibility, what impact will the four incoming players have this season and beyond? Click here for the Dec.TORONTO - By the time the Raptors make their selection in next months NBA draft, provided they stand pat at pick no. 20, three Canadian players should already be off the board. Thornhills Andrew Wiggins, a lock to go in the top three, will be the first of that group to hear his name called followed by possible lottery picks in guards Nik Stauskas and Tyler Ennis, all hailing from the Greater Toronto Area. Fittingly, Ennis initial stop on the pre-draft circuit came in his hometown, headlining the Raptors first workout session Thursday morning. The Brampton-raised point guard, like Wiggins and Stauskas, has been on their radar for a while. "Weve tracked him [for] a long time," admitted general manager Masai Ujiri. "This is one of those deals where we could go to Syracuse as many times as [we wanted], being close to [Toronto], drive up, so I was fortunate enough to go to a couple practices [and] a couple games." What he saw was a young man at the age of 19 who plays the game and carries himself with poise beyond his years, a common denominator among most of the countrys emerging prospects. "He plays very calm and thats the first thing I noticed," Ujiri said of Ennis, set to enter the NBA following his freshman season at Syracuse. "[Hes] very professional and carries himself the right way." "You see his demeanour and I think hell make a good professional." Ujiri has long been enamoured by the prospect of adding a Canadian-born product but remains steadfast in his belief that it would have to be the right player, in the right situation. Understandably, the Raptors GM will not draft a player simply for his passport, rather that player must be able to contribute at the highest level, address a need on the roster and possess the maturity required to strive in a high-pressure scenario. Ennis is a player who would appear to fit the bill. "I dont think anybody enters the draft just wanting to make a team and be happy there," said Ennis, arguably the best pure point guard in this years class.dddddddddddd. "Personally, I want to make an impact. I thought I was ready for the next level when I decided to enter the draft and if I were to end up on Toronto, I would definitely want to make an impact, especially in my home town." But will he be available to the Raptors at 20? "Id be surprised," Ujiri admitted. Unless the Raptors were to trade up in the draft - a possibility, however unlikely, that Ujiri wont completely rule out - they will likely miss out on that highly touted trio, but given the influx and depth of domestic talent that continues to come out of the country its only a matter of time until they call a Canadian to the podium. "I think anybody thats lucky enough to play in Toronto," Ennis said, "with the fan support that was shown in the playoffs and the great organization that the Raptors have, I think anybody that gets drafted here is lucky. "To have a Canadian would be great for the city, I think everybody would get behind them and I think it would just be a great opportunity." Of course, the Raptors also own a pair of second-round picks - 37 and 59 - where they could snag one of four other eligible Canadians. 7-foot-2 Calgary-native Jordan Bachynski, last seasons NCAA blocked shot leader, was among the participants in Thursdays workouts at the Air Canada Centre, while Quebecs Khem Birch and Torontos Melvin Ejim and Dwight Powell could audition for the Raptors when sessions resume next week. "To have so many Canadians in the draft is big for the country and for the most part, most of them are from the Greater Toronto Area, so I think its great for basketball in Canada and its great for us individually," Ennis added. "All of us have had very good years at our respective universities and wherever we end up I know everybody thats in the draft thats Canadian is hard working and good people off the court, so I think well all be able to find success." ' ' '
Powrót do góry
Ogląda profil użytkownika Wyślij prywatną wiadomość
Reklama

Wysłany: Sro Wrz 04, 2019 05:52    Temat postu:

Powrót do góry
Napisz nowy temat   Odpowiedz do tematu    Forum ul. Generała Tadeusza Pełczyńskiego Strona Główna -> Artykuły prasowe, relacje TV, linki dot. ul. Pełczyńskiego Wszystkie czasy w strefie CET (Europa)
Strona 1 z 1
Skocz do: